This is the first release of the Add-in FxCop RulesTo build the solution:
To run the rules against your contract and view assemblies:
- Install FxCop v1.35: http://code.msdn.microsoft.com/codeanalysis/Release/ProjectReleases.aspx?ReleaseId=553
- Launch FxCop from the Start Menu. If it prompts you to update to FxCop 1.36 beta, click "No". This is because we have built and tested the rules against FxCop 1.35.
- In FxCop menu, click Project/Add Targets. Select the view or contract assembly to run checks against.
- In FxCop menu, click Project/Add Rules. Navigate to the AddInFxCopRules\bin folder and select either Microsoft.AddIn.FxCopRules.ContractRules.dll or Microsoft.AddIn.FxCopRules.ViewRules.dll, depending on which assembly you want to scan. If you want to run only the AddIn rules, you can uncheck the built-in FxCop rules in the "Rules" tab.
- Click Analyze, and FxCop will scan the assemblies and list any rule violations detected.
The rules can also be run from command-line using fxcopcmd.exe in the FxCop folder. Thus they can be integrated into build processes and run automatically.
Let us know how this works out! We would love to hear your feedback.