Here's what I have been coding a bit on. It's really a shame it's OSS and I can't really fix this in svn nor publish files in this message and patches aren't applied by the project manager. While I can understand what MS is doing with VS2010, it doesn't
make sense to release stuff half-finished and then not apply patches...
Patch: http://tinyurl.com/pcsush (.rar)
Binaries: http://tinyurl.com/qrruux (.rar)
1. Close any VS instances with the add-in loaded. Paste binaries in %PROGRAMFILES%\Microsoft\Visual Studio Pipeline Builder
2. Start Visual Studio
- Added dialogue for possible overwrite if the file has changed: possibility of ignoring changes (per file) (instead of throwing).
- Added dialogue for possible overwrite if the file has been added to the generated files folder (instead of throwing)
- Improved project selection dialogue.
- Improved path output for each assembly.
- Vastly improved code quality in Connect.cs (it wasn't that good)
- Added patch for XML comment generation from Issue Tracker
- Added a bit of functional programming concepts as extension methods
- Fixed problem with status bar not completing if exception is thrown
- Fixed numerous index out of bound exceptions
- Fixed problems pipeline builder had with solution folders.
- Added numerous null checks and safe programming practices.
- Pipeline takes into account solution folders with projects relevant to the pipeline.
- Renamed and added comments to strange "my code" constructs
- Inverted a lot of ifs to reduce nesting
- Fixed subversion problem where .svn folders would be deleted.
- Assuming MS' Add-In team still doesn't do anything, I can start a new code-plex project with the delta and let people participate for real.
- Provide setting for generating view together for adapters or separately in options dialog.
- Integrate my code in Castle's Transaction Integration so that the file generation uses file transactions and thereby don't corrupt state unless it all works.
- Possibly integrate with ReSharper which has a very good code model as far as I understand, alternatively try out F#'s quotations for the code generation instead of the mass of C# that's required.
- Fix it so that the code generation generates according to avoiding the anti-patterns presented here: http://blogs.msdn.com/zifengh/archive/2008/04/28/coding-patterns-to-avoid-in-addin-pipeline-development.aspx (and in the issue tracker)
Use the url you downloaded from to contact me or post here.