VS Pipeline Builder Add-in not showing under Tools after SP1

Oct 13, 2008 at 4:06 PM
Edited Oct 13, 2008 at 4:08 PM
I just noticed that the little smiley face for the VS Pipeline Builder Add-in is no longer showing up under Tools. It is still in Tools/Add-in Manager.
Tried an remove from Tools/Add-in Manager, uninstall and reinstall and it looks the same.
Anyone else experiencing this after SP1.
Oct 16, 2008 at 6:42 AM
Visual Studio 2008 SP 1 works fine here, so it must be a local problem.
Nov 13, 2008 at 2:25 PM
A local problem? I have the same problems on two different machines! Any suggestions? Could that be a SP1 problem?
Nov 13, 2008 at 6:21 PM
Check whether your Visual studio 2008 AddIns folder has VSPipelineBuilder.AddIn.
Nov 14, 2008 at 9:20 AM
Thanks Bhupesh, but i already found the tiny little bug ( or is it a feature?).

What had no happened on planet VS:
My VS 2008 installation did not created a folder 'Addins' under XP c:\....\$username$\visual studio 2008\Addins or under vista c:\users\$username$\Documents\Visual Studio\Addins.
The installation path of this project puts everything into C:\program files\Microsoft\Visual Studio Pipeline Builder, but no registration for the VS-Addin is happening.

Solution: 
1.: a.)get the sources. b)  recompile the sources with VSStudio 2008, because the current version is VS2005 and set a correct the path in the addin-project.
2.: or if you don not have time: 
    a.)create the folder Addins in the path written above.
    b.)put all sources like PipelineBuilder.dll, PipelineHints.dll,  Template.csproj in the folder AddIns and it will work out just fine.  

At last: greetings to Jörg Neumann: he wrote some real good articles about MAF!!

Have fun

Nov 14, 2008 at 2:46 PM
Edited Nov 15, 2008 at 11:33 AM
Infact you don't have to put all sources. Get the pipeline source code. Build it.
Just put the VSPipelineBuilder.AddIn file that is there in VSPipelineBuilder project in Visual studio 2008\Addins Folder.
Then open the VSPipelineBuilder.AddIn file in notepad and update the VSPipelineBuilder.dll path ( Path in your machine ).
It should work.

Thanks.